CMAA Mission Statement
The Club Management Association of America advances the profession of club management by fulfilling the educational and related needs of its members.
CMAA's Brand Promise
CMAA provides its members with the expertise to deliver an exceptional club experience that fulfills the unexpressed needs and desires of its members and guests consistent with their lifestyles. We enhance our members' success by offering professional leadership development, ethical standards and responsive services.
This mission is accomplished through the following strategic priorities:
Providing state-of-the-art educational programs;
Representing the members to allied associations, club members and a broader public; and
Providing unique information and resources that increase member performance and career potential.
1. CERTIFICATION: To enhance the member's professional status through certification.
2. CLUB MANAGEMENT PROFESSION AND INDIVIDUAL CLUBS: To advance the club management profession and to assist individual CMAA members and their clubs.
3. COMMUNICATIONS: To effectively communicate with members, clubs, government and the media through relevant content, publications and other materials.
4. PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT: To provide a wide variety of educational programs and materials to meet the diverse educational needs of club management professionals.
5. ETHICS: To encourage CMAA members to be knowledgeable and diligent regarding the use of sound business and ethical principles in dealings with fellow club management professionals, club boards/members and other associates.
6. CAREER SERVICES: To assist CMAA members in their career development and in job opportunities and to assist clubs in securing management personnel.
7. ADVOCACY: To develop new strategies, resources and education to prepare club management professionals to influence outcomes in club boardrooms and the halls of government.
8. MEMBERSHIP: To recruit, retain and engage members and to effectively demonstrate the value of CMAA membership.
9. OTHER ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONS: To foster appropriate relations with other organizations that will contribute to the objectives of the club industry and CMAA's members.
10. CLUB RESOURCES: To provide best practices, tools and exclusive options that help club management professionals become stronger leaders and achieve exceptional club operations.
11. RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT: To conduct research and develop, analyze and disseminate information/data related to club management and the club industry.